Monday, October 22, 2012

Charity scarves

We visited Olombrada this weekend and attended mass on Sunday morning. The parish was celebrating "Día de la misión," or a day celebrating religious missions of all types. They might be personal, within the town, or around the world. The priest emphasized the presence of missionaries all around the world and he, being from South America, gave thanks for the missionaries who brought Catholicism to the Americas.

The priest encouraged everyone to give what he or she was able to give to help support missions around the world. Since I'm not in a position to give financially, I thought that I would work on some scarves that the priest could send to missionaries around the world or give to some of the elders in the parish that don't have anyone to take care of them. Even though this will take some time away from my Etsy shop, I believe that it's important to give back, and I am looking forward to this project.

I will be using yarn that I have stashed and patterns that are (hopefully) easy and quick so that I can make as many scarves as possible by our next trip to the village in November.

I will also post the patterns that I am using on this blog post.

1. Ribbed Scarf, by C. L. Halvorson, on Ravelry.com

If you have a quick or easy pattern that you would like to send my way, please leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment